By Daniel M. Dobkin
This e-book explains how UHF tags and readers speak wirelessly. It supplies an realizing of what limits the learn diversity of a tag, tips to raise it (and why that may lead to breaking the law), and the sensible issues that have to be addressed whilst designing and imposing RFID expertise. heading off heavy math yet giving breadth of assurance with the correct amount of element, it's an amazing creation to radio communications for engineers who want perception into how tags and readers paintings.
New to this variation:
• Examples of near-metal antenna recommendations
• dialogue of the wakeup problem for battery-assisted tags, with a BAT structure instance
• most up-to-date improvement of protocols: EPC Gen 1.2.0
• replace 18000-6 dialogue with battery-assisted tags, sensor tags, Manchester tags and wakeup provisions
- Named a 2012 remarkable desktop e-book for desktops association by way of Computing Reviews
- The purely e-book to provide an realizing of radio communications, the underlying expertise for radio frequency identity (RFID)
- Praised for its clarity and readability, it balances breadth and intensity of insurance
- New variation contains newest advancements in chip expertise, antennas and protocols
Read or Download The RF in RFID: UHF RFID in Practice PDF
Best mobile & wireless communications books
Web of items: Connecting items… places ahead the applied sciences and the networking architectures which give the opportunity to help the web of items. among those applied sciences, RFID, sensor and PLC applied sciences are defined and a transparent view on how they permit the net of items is given.
Speech enhancement is a classical challenge in sign processing, but nonetheless principally unsolved. of the traditional techniques for fixing this challenge are linear filtering, just like the classical Wiener clear out, and subspace tools. those ways have routinely been handled as diversified sessions of equipment and feature been brought in slightly various contexts.
No matter if you're a developer, engineer, researcher or scholar, this sensible consultant delivers every thing you want to find out about NFC know-how and its functions. you are going to examine what differentiates NFC from different short-range applied sciences reminiscent of contactless playing cards, RFID and Bluetooth, in addition to researching the possibilities it presents, from a quick and instinctive person interface without infrastructure standards to the realm of safe parts, depended on provider Managers, cellular wallets and the web of items.
Electronic Modulations utilizing Matlab is a learner-friendly, useful and instance pushed ebook, that offers you an excellent historical past in development simulation versions for electronic modulation platforms in Matlab. This booklet, a vital consultant for figuring out the implementation elements of a electronic modulation procedure, exhibits the right way to simulate and version a electronic modulation process from scratch.
- Physical Layer Security in Wireless Communications (Wireless Networks and Mobile Communications)
- Transmission Techniques for Emergent Multicast and Broadcast Systems
- Next Generation Wireless LANs
- Handbook of Algorithms for Wireless Networking and Mobile Computing (Chapman & Hall/CRC Computer and Information Science Series)
- Building Wireless Sensor Networks: Theoretical and Practical Perspectives
Extra resources for The RF in RFID: UHF RFID in Practice