By Efram Sera-Shriar
Read or Download The Making of British Anthropology, 1813-1871 (Sci & Culture in the Nineteenth Century) PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
Secrets and techniques performed a vital position in variations in clinical and medical wisdom in early sleek Europe. As a brand new fascination with novelty started to take carry from the past due 15th century, Europeans thirsted for formerly unknown information about the wildlife: new vegetation, animals, and different gadgets from nature, new recipes for scientific and alchemical methods, new wisdom in regards to the human physique, and new proof concerning the approach nature labored.
From the Nineteen Thirties to the Fifties, in keeping with the emerging epidemic of paralytic poliomyelitis (polio), Texas researchers led a wave of discoveries in virology, rehabilitative treatments, and the fashionable in depth care unit that remodeled the sector nationally. The ailment threatened the lives of youngsters and adults within the usa, specially within the South, arousing an identical type of worry extra lately linked to AIDS and different dread illnesses.
A learn of Siouan CultsJames Owen Dorsey, James Owen Dorsey (October 31, 1848 – February four, 1895) used to be an American ethnologist, linguist, and Episcopalian missionary within the Dakota TerritoryThis publication offers «A research of Siouan Cults», from James Owen Dorsey. A dynamic desk of contents allows to leap on to the bankruptcy chosen.
This new version of Thomas Kuhn's Revolution marks the fiftieth anniversary of the booklet of Kuhn's so much influential paintings. Drawing at the wealthy archival resources at MIT, and interesting totally with present scholarship, James Marcum offers the old heritage to the advance of The constitution of medical Revolutions.
- Science and Politics: An A-to-Z Guide to Issues and Controversies
- Bakterien in Krieg und Frieden: Eine Geschichte der medizinischen Bakteriologie in Deutschland, 1890 - 1933 ("Wissenschaftsgeschichte" 16) (German Edition)
- Lebensweisheit. Versuch einer Glückseligkeitslehre Fragen der Ethik: Abteilung I / Band 3 (Moritz Schlick. Gesamtausgabe) (German Edition)
- The Empire of Chance: How Probability Changed Science and Everyday Life (Ideas in Context)
- Makers of Western Science: The Works and Words of 24 Visionaries from Copernicus to Watson and Crick
- Natural Kinds and Conceptual Change (Cambridge Studies in Philosophy and Biology)
Additional info for The Making of British Anthropology, 1813-1871 (Sci & Culture in the Nineteenth Century)