By Ivana Kovacic,Michael J. Brennan
The Duffing Equation offers a reference textual content for postgraduate and scholars and researchers of mechanical engineering and vibration / nonlinear dynamics in addition to a useful gizmo for practicing mechanical engineers.
- Includes a bankruptcy dedicated to historic history on Georg Duffing and the equation that used to be named after him.
- Includes a bankruptcy exclusively dedicated to functional examples of platforms whose dynamic behaviour is defined via the Duffing equation.
- Contains a entire therapy of many of the varieties of the Duffing equation.
- Uses experimental, analytical and numerical equipment in addition to options of nonlinear dynamics to regard the actual structures in a unified way.
Read or Download The Duffing Equation: Nonlinear Oscillators and their Behaviour PDF
Best differential equations books
Extending and generalizing the result of rational equations, Dynamics of 3rd Order Rational distinction Equations with Open difficulties and Conjectures makes a speciality of the boundedness nature of strategies, the worldwide balance of equilibrium issues, the periodic personality of suggestions, and the convergence to periodic recommendations, together with their periodic trichotomies.
This monograph presents either an advent to and a radical exposition of the speculation of rate-independent structures, which the authors were engaged on with loads of collaborators over 15 years. the point of interest is usually on absolutely rate-independent structures, first on an summary point both with or perhaps with no linear constitution, discussing quite a few ideas of recommendations with complete mathematical rigor.
Comprises approximately 4,000 linear partial differential equations (PDEs) with solutionsPresents suggestions of various difficulties correct to warmth and mass move, wave idea, hydrodynamics, aerodynamics, elasticity, acoustics, electrodynamics, diffraction thought, quantum mechanics, chemical engineering sciences, electric engineering, and different fieldsOutlines uncomplicated tools for fixing numerous difficulties in technological know-how and engineeringContains even more linear equations, difficulties, and suggestions than the other e-book at present availableProvides a database of try difficulties for numerical and approximate analytical equipment for fixing linear PDEs and platforms of coupled PDEsNew to the second one EditionMore than seven-hundred pages with 1,500+ new first-, second-, third-, fourth-, and higher-order linear equations with solutionsSystems of coupled PDEs with solutionsSome analytical equipment, together with decomposition tools and their applicationsSymbolic and numerical tools for fixing linear PDEs with Maple, Mathematica, and MATLAB®Many new difficulties, illustrative examples, tables, and figuresTo accommodate varied mathematical backgrounds, the authors keep away from at any place attainable using distinct terminology, define a few of the equipment in a schematic, simplified demeanour, and organize the fabric in expanding order of complexity.
This booklet is dedicated to impulsive sensible differential equations that are a traditional generalization of impulsive usual differential equations (without hold up) and of useful differential equations (without impulses). this day the qualitative thought of such equationsis less than fast improvement.
- Two-Point Boundary Value Problems: Lower and Upper Solutions (Mathematics in Science and Engineering)
- Multiscale Methods: Averaging and Homogenization (Texts in Applied Mathematics)
- Nonlinear Dynamics New Directions: Theoretical Aspects (Nonlinear Systems and Complexity)
- Higher Order Partial Differential Equations in Clifford Analysis: Effective Solutions to Problems (Progress in Mathematical Physics)
- Differential Equations Jump Start and Catch Up: Missing basic concepts from Algebra, Trig, Calculus, Linear Algebra and the first half of Diff Eq?
- Elementary Differential Equations with Boundary Value Problems: Pearson New International Edition
Additional resources for The Duffing Equation: Nonlinear Oscillators and their Behaviour