By Qipeng Guo
With a spotlight on structure-property relationships, this ebook describes how polymer morphology impacts homes and the way scientists can regulate them. The publication covers constitution improvement, idea, simulation, and processing; and discusses a large diversity of thoughts and methods.
• Provides an updated, accomplished advent to the rules and practices of polymer morphology
• Illustrates significant constitution varieties, equivalent to semicrystalline morphology, surface-induced polymer crystallization, section separation, self-assembly, deformation, and floor topography
• Covers a number of polymers, equivalent to homopolymers, block copolymers, polymer skinny motion pictures, polymer blends, and polymer nanocomposites
• Discusses a wide diversity of complex and novel concepts and strategies, like x-ray diffraction, thermal research, and electron microscopy and their functions within the morphology of polymer materials
Read or Download Polymer Morphology: Principles, Characterization, and Processing PDF
Best textiles & polymers books
"Focuses on special research of the formation and homes of linear, planar, and 3-dimensional polymer assemblies stabilized by way of superamolecular interactions, contains examples of covalently bonded polymers displaying novel supra-molecular results. Clarifies the theoretical foundation for the self-assembly of buildings.
The environmental difficulties as a result of petroleum-based plastic and plastic waste have ended in an expanding call for for biobased and biodegradable plastics, reminiscent of polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHAs). those polyesters are synthesized from carbon resources, e. g. sugar and plant oils, through a number of micro organism. This ebook highlights the potential for plant oils, in particular palm oil, as a feedstock for PHA construction.
The seventy fifth Anniversary social gathering of the department of Polymeric fabrics: technology and Engineering of the yankee Chemical Society, in 1999 sparked this 3rd version of utilized Polymer technological know-how with emphasis at the advancements of the previous couple of years and a major examine the demanding situations and expectancies of the twenty first Century.
The technical advancements within the sports clothing has ended in using useful textiles for highly-specialised performances in numerous activities. advancements contain thermal and practical homes and lined and laminated outfits. With bio- and clever fabrics supplying this type of powerful concentration within the fabric usually, businesses are going for ‘value-added’ textiles, similar to built in sensors which computer screen functionality.
- Polymer Physics: From Suspensions to Nanocomposites and Beyond
- Studies on "Perfect" Hyperbranched Chains Free in Solution and Confined in a Cylindrical Pore (Springer Theses)
- Rheology Essentials of Cosmetic and Food Emulsions (Springer Laboratory)
- Eco-friendly Polymer Nanocomposites: Processing and Properties (Advanced Structured Materials)
- Heterophase Network Polymers: Synthesis, Characterization and Properties (Polymer Chemistry & Physics S)
Extra info for Polymer Morphology: Principles, Characterization, and Processing