By Paul R. Gross,Norman Levitt
Read or Download Higher Superstition: The Academic Left and Its Quarrels with Science PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
Secrets and techniques performed a vital position in modifications in scientific and clinical wisdom in early glossy Europe. As a brand new fascination with novelty started to take carry from the overdue 15th century, Europeans thirsted for formerly unknown information about the flora and fauna: new crops, animals, and different items from nature, new recipes for clinical and alchemical systems, new wisdom in regards to the human physique, and new evidence in regards to the means nature labored.
From the Nineteen Thirties to the Fifties, in line with the emerging epidemic of paralytic poliomyelitis (polio), Texas researchers led a wave of discoveries in virology, rehabilitative cures, and the fashionable extensive care unit that reworked the sector nationally. The affliction threatened the lives of youngsters and adults within the usa, specifically within the South, arousing an identical type of worry extra lately linked to AIDS and different dread ailments.
A research of Siouan CultsJames Owen Dorsey, James Owen Dorsey (October 31, 1848 – February four, 1895) was once an American ethnologist, linguist, and Episcopalian missionary within the Dakota TerritoryThis e-book offers «A examine of Siouan Cults», from James Owen Dorsey. A dynamic desk of contents allows to leap on to the bankruptcy chosen.
This re-creation of Thomas Kuhn's Revolution marks the fiftieth anniversary of the e-book of Kuhn's such a lot influential paintings. Drawing at the wealthy archival assets at MIT, and interesting totally with present scholarship, James Marcum offers the old historical past to the improvement of The constitution of medical Revolutions.
- Wittgenstein: Zu Philosophie und Wissenschaft (Deutsches Jahrbuch Philosophie 3) (German Edition)
- Resurrection: Theological and Scientific Assessments
- Exceptional Creativity in Science and Technology: Individuals, Institutions, and Innovations
- Science in the Age of Baroque: 208 (International Archives of the History of Ideas Archives internationales d'histoire des idées)
- The Search for a Naturalistic World View: Volume 1: 001
- Das doppelte Deutschland: 40 Jahre Systemkonkurrenz (Politik & Zeitgeschichte) (German Edition)
Extra info for Higher Superstition: The Academic Left and Its Quarrels with Science