By Andreas Mortensen
- Brings jointly articles from the Encyclopedia of fabrics: technological know-how & Technology that concentrate on the necessities of composite fabrics, together with contemporary updates
- Every article has been commissioned and written by way of an the world over famous professional and offers a concise review of a specific point of the field
- Enables fast reference; wide bibliographies, cross-referencing and indexes advisor the person to the main correct analyzing within the basic literature
- Covers components of energetic learn, equivalent to biomaterials and porous materials
Read Online or Download Concise Encyclopedia of Composite Materials PDF
Best textiles & polymers books
"Focuses on unique research of the formation and houses of linear, planar, and third-dimensional polymer assemblies stabilized by means of superamolecular interactions, contains examples of covalently bonded polymers displaying novel supra-molecular results. Clarifies the theoretical foundation for the self-assembly of constructions.
The environmental difficulties because of petroleum-based plastic and plastic waste have ended in an expanding call for for biobased and biodegradable plastics, corresponding to polyhydroxyalkanoates (PHAs). those polyesters are synthesized from carbon assets, e. g. sugar and plant oils, via quite a few micro organism. This publication highlights the potential for plant oils, in particular palm oil, as a feedstock for PHA construction.
The seventy fifth Anniversary social gathering of the department of Polymeric fabrics: technological know-how and Engineering of the yankee Chemical Society, in 1999 sparked this 3rd version of utilized Polymer technology with emphasis at the advancements of the previous couple of years and a significant examine the demanding situations and expectancies of the twenty first Century.
The technical advancements within the sports clothing has led to using useful textiles for highly-specialised performances in numerous activities. advancements contain thermal and sensible houses and lined and laminated outfits. With bio- and shrewdpermanent fabrics offering this kind of robust concentration within the cloth commonly, businesses are going for ‘value-added’ textiles, resembling built in sensors which computer screen functionality.
- Crystallization Modalities in Polymer Melt Processing: Fundamental Aspects of Structure Formation
- Intelligent Textiles and Clothing (Woodhead Publishing Series in Textiles)
- Fundamentals of Plastic Optical Fibers
- Weaving and Fabric in Antiquity / Weben und Gewebe in der Antike: Materiality – Representation – Epistemology – Metapoetics / Materialität – Repräsentation – Episteme – Metapoetik (German Edition)
- Nanofibers and Nanotechnology in Textiles (Woodhead Publishing Series in Textiles)
Extra info for Concise Encyclopedia of Composite Materials