By Katy Börner
Read Online or Download Atlas of Knowledge: Anyone Can Map (MIT Press) PDF
Best history & philosophy on science & nature books
Secrets and techniques performed a significant function in differences in clinical and medical wisdom in early glossy Europe. As a brand new fascination with novelty started to take carry from the past due 15th century, Europeans thirsted for formerly unknown information about the wildlife: new crops, animals, and different items from nature, new recipes for clinical and alchemical techniques, new wisdom in regards to the human physique, and new proof concerning the means nature labored.
From the Thirties to the Nineteen Fifties, according to the emerging epidemic of paralytic poliomyelitis (polio), Texas researchers led a wave of discoveries in virology, rehabilitative cures, and the trendy extensive care unit that reworked the sector nationally. The ailment threatened the lives of youngsters and adults within the usa, in particular within the South, arousing an identical type of worry extra lately linked to AIDS and different dread illnesses.
A learn of Siouan CultsJames Owen Dorsey, James Owen Dorsey (October 31, 1848 – February four, 1895) was once an American ethnologist, linguist, and Episcopalian missionary within the Dakota TerritoryThis e-book offers «A research of Siouan Cults», from James Owen Dorsey. A dynamic desk of contents permits to leap on to the bankruptcy chosen.
This re-creation of Thomas Kuhn's Revolution marks the fiftieth anniversary of the book of Kuhn's so much influential paintings. Drawing at the wealthy archival resources at MIT, and interesting absolutely with present scholarship, James Marcum presents the ancient heritage to the improvement of The constitution of medical Revolutions.
- Darwin's House of Cards: A Journalist's Odyssey Through the Darwin Debates
- 50 Schlüsselideen Mathematik (50 Schlusselideen) (German Edition)
- Plotting the Globe: Stories of Meridians, Parallels, and the International Date Line (Explorations in World Maritime History)
- The Meaning of Life: Religious, Philosophical, Transhumanist, and Scientific Perspectives
- The Floracrats: State-Sponsored Science and the Failure of the Enlightenment in Indonesia (New Perspectives in SE Asian Studies)
- The Mental Aftermath: The Mentality of German Physicists 1945-1949
Additional info for Atlas of Knowledge: Anyone Can Map (MIT Press)