By Stein Helgeby
Read or Download Action as History: The Historical Thought of R.G. Collingwood (British Idealist Studies Series 2: Collingwood) PDF
Best historical studies books
Sobre l. a. base de numerosas investigaciones y publicaciones historiográficas, este libro propone un juicio sintético sobre los criterios fundamentales para afrontar las actuales conmemoraciones y celebraciones del bicentenario. En él se recapitulan algunas hipótesis rectoras sobre aquella fase histórica para intentar plantear con claridad el legado que dejó los angeles independencia y las grandes tareas históricas que los pueblos latinoamericanos tienen que asumir en el presente y en el próximo futuro.
Historians have paid unusually little recognition to state-level political leaders and judges. Edward Kent (1802–77) used to be either. He served 3 phrases as a kingdom legislator, as mayor of Bangor, as governor, and as a pass judgement on of the country best courtroom. He represented Maine within the negotiations that resolved the long-running northeastern border dispute among the U.S. and nice Britain and served for 4 years because the American consul in Rio de Janeiro.
This assortment provides various scholarly methods to oral narratives within the Spanish and Portuguese-speaking worlds. 11 essays, initially written in Spanish, Portuguese, and English, coalesce round significant topics that experience lengthy involved oral historians and social scientists: collective stories of conflictive nationwide pasts, subjectivity in re/framing social identities, and visible and performative re/presentations of id and public reminiscence.
Bringing jointly incisive contributions from a world workforce of work-mates and previous scholars, smooth Germany in Transatlantic viewpoint takes inventory of the sector of German heritage as exemplified via the intense scholarly profession of Konrad H. Jarausch. via interesting reflections at the discipline's theoretical, specialist, and methodological dimensions, it explores Jarausch's huge paintings as a instructor and a builder of scholarly associations.
- Der Preis der Freiheit: Geschichte Europas in unserer Zeit (German Edition)
- E. P THOMPSON: MARXISMO E HISTORIA SOCIAL (Siglo XXI de España General) (Spanish Edition)
- Empire’s Twin: U.S. Anti-imperialism from the Founding Era to the Age of Terrorism (The United States in the World)
- Public History and School: International Perspectives
- Teilungen überwinden: Europäische und Internationale Geschichte im 19. und 20. Jahrhundert. Festschrift für Wilfried Loth (German Edition)
- Contemporary Sephardic Identity in the Americas: An Interdisciplinary Approach (Modern Jewish History)
Additional info for Action as History: The Historical Thought of R.G. Collingwood (British Idealist Studies Series 2: Collingwood)