By Roger Turvey
Give your scholars the easiest probability of luck with this attempted and proven sequence, combining in-depth research, enticing narrative and accessibility. entry to background is the preferred, relied on and wide-ranging sequence for A-level heritage students.
- helps the content material and overview standards of the 2015 A-level historical past specifications
- includes authoritative and interesting content
- comprises thought-provoking key debates that study the opposing perspectives and methods of historians
- presents exam-style questions and counsel for every proper specification to assist scholars know the way to use what they've got learnt
This identify is acceptable for quite a few classes including:
- AQA: The Wars of the Roses, 1450-1489
- Edexcel: Lancastrians, Yorkists and Henry VII, 1399-1509
- OCR: England, 1445-1509: Lancastrians, Yorkists and Henry VII
Read Online or Download Access to History: Lancastrians, Yorkists and the Wars of the Roses, 1399–1509 Second Edition PDF
Best uk history books
In 1688, Britain was once effectively invaded, its military and military not able to avoid the overthrow of the govt.. 1815, Britain was once the most powerful energy on the earth with the main capable army and the biggest empire. Britain had not just performed a well-known function within the defeat of Napoleonic France, yet had additionally validated itself as an important energy in South Asia and used to be unsurpassed in her worldwide succeed in.
The 1st learn of recovery England from the perspective of either rulers and governed, this quantity bargains an essential reappraisal of 17th century England. The civil wars had a disturbing impression at the English humans: thoughts of bloodshed and destruction and the last word horror of the execution of Charles I persisted to be invoked for many years afterwards.
The Southampton brokage books are the easiest resource for English inland alternate prior to sleek occasions. inner exchange regularly matched out of the country exchange. among 1430 and 1540 the brokage sequence documents all departures via Southampton’s Bargate, the landlord, carter, commodity, volume, vacation spot and date, and lots of deliveries too.
This can be a new interpretation of English politics through the prolonged interval starting with the vast majority of Henry VI in c. 1437 as much as the accession of Henry VII in 1509. The later 15th century in England is a just a little baffling and it sounds as if incoherent interval which historians and historical past scholars have discovered constantly tricky to deal with.
- The Thames 1813: The War of 1812 on the Northwest Frontier (Campaign)
- An Economic History of the British Isles: Volume 16
- Wisdom and War: The Royal Naval College Greenwich 1873–1998 (Corbett Centre for Maritime Policy Studies Series)
- Literature of Scotland: The Middle Ages to the Nineteenth Century: 1
Additional resources for Access to History: Lancastrians, Yorkists and the Wars of the Roses, 1399–1509 Second Edition